We all have dreams, but are we all ready to live up to them? It’s easy to dream, it’s easy to wish, but is it easy to actually transform them into Reality, so our life becomes our dream?
The reason for not seeing our dreams come true usually stems from a discrepancy between our expectations and our actions! I know it sounds harsh to hear this, but we are all guilty of it from time to time.
How many times have you wished for ‘A or B’ outcome when in fact all you get is a mere glimpse? One thing to remember is that both expectations and actions must be tight together to produce results.
Results are a direct consequence of actions, without the latter you CANNOT get the former.
Now, it’s true that sometimes you can be as willing and as motivated as possible, yet the results are not there to prove you right. The fact is that it all depends on the type of actions you set in motion. It’s not so much about quantity but more about quality (even though I can tell you that both are needed!)
Some people have two categories of dreams; on one side they have what they call ‘big dreams’ and on the other side they have ‘little dreams’. What’s the difference (apart from the size)? Well, the little dreams are usually considered as achievable with a bit of ‘know how’ and a lot of effort, while the big ones are assumed to be too big to be realistically attainable.
My question is this: ‘Are big dreams really unattainable?’
My answer to that, being true to myself, is ‘NO’.
The only difference would be to get a higher level of ‘know how’ and infuse a greater amount of effort. However, as far as I’m concerned from having experienced it myself (still do, by the way!), and having witnessed it with my clients, I can assure you that big dreams are just as achievable as little ones.
So, let’s say that you don’t only want results, you want high end results and you have the willingness to pull it off. What can you do to make these nice and shiny high end results, yours?
1. Understand exactly what you want to achieve
Most people have a vague idea of what they want – e.g. I want to attract many clients, I want to make a lot of money, I want to be recognized. All these are great, but they are generic. Why? Because ultimately these are what we all want. What I mean by understanding, is to have as clear a view as possible of the path you want to take. Do you want to achieve your goal online or offline? Do you want to use Social Media or not at all? Do you want to serve clients in group format or on a 1 to 1 basis? The answers to these questions will get you started in the right direction.
2. Decide what you are willing to invest to achieve what you want
Whatever the goal or dream you have, it will require an investment to see the light of day. How many hours a day, how many days a week do you have to invest in your project? On a scale of 1 to 10 where do you place your goal, is it a 2 or an 8? Are you willing to spend some time learning what to do and how to do it? What are you going to let go of, so you can make room for what you want to accomplish? How much is your goal worth to you, to your family, to your business? If you place a number next to that ‘worth’ what would it be, $100, $1000, $10,000 or more?
3. Accept the fact that you cannot do it alone and get help
I know, you’ve heard it so many times before, but again….without help your chances of achieving your goals are really slim. However, you need to use some discretion here. Not everybody can help you. So here are a few tips to make sure you choose the help according to your real needs:
1) If you answered question #1 honestly, you’ll have a better idea of what you are looking for. So choose a business coach, who is specialized in that area. This will avoid a waste of your time and money! Make sure your business coach is successful. I know this may sound obvious, but what could you expect from a coach who is struggling just as much as you are? Not that much, right?
2) Before signing up for any type of program, make sure it will match the amount of time you have to involve in your project. If you want to go for a program that requires you to be present 3 times a month for one hour and if you only have a few spare hours to contribute, how do you expect to maintain the rhythm?
3) It takes a high end coach to achieve high end results. This may come as a shock, but quite honestly, I’ll never say anything else. If what you want to achieve is a stretch, aim for the best, and hire the best, otherwise you’ll end up wasting your time and your money. There is no small saving…only big losses later on. So if you ranked your goal at 8 or above, do the same with your investment.
4) You cannot implement the actions to reach your goal all by yourself. The ‘Do It Yourself’ concept has its limits…and that’s particularly true in business. You’ll need to invest in a VA or a Webmaster a few hours a month (depending on your plan) to ensure whatever work you do with your business coach, it will produce results. Strategies just in your head are dead strategies.
I hear you, it may not always be easy to find the right help, at the right time, for the right investment. That’s the reason why I decided to organize a new type of Virtual Event. One in which you’ll be able to get your burning questions answered on the spot and for FREE. Register for this event, and you’ll get private access to 10 business experts to help you move past your sticking point…. . You’ll get the opportunity to speak to each of the experts on a 1 to 1 basis and privately, just you and the expert! But you’ll have to register fast….each expert is only available for 60 minutes….so come on, let’s talk here www.thecoachingmarathon.com.